Effective January 1, 2013, Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) completed the transaction to acquire The Hartford’s Retirement Plans Group (RPG).
Read more about this transaction.
A Broad Range of Solutions
For more than 40 years, The Hartford has been a top provider of employer-sponsored retirement plans. From start-up to large plans, and in every market, we have a broad range of program options to support your organization:
- Healthcare, education, tax exempt
Across all tax codes:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- 457(b) retirement plans
- 403(b) retirement plans
- Defined benefit
- Tax-exempt deferred compensation
And a distinctive open-architecture design:
- No proprietary investment requirements
- Investment options available from more than 40 fund families
- Patented lifetime income investment option
- Extensive and ongoing investment due diligence conducted by The Hartford’s team of analysts
Please consult with your financial professional, legal counsel, and/or tax professional to help select the program that is right for you.
Plan Options and Services
We’re passionate about helping create a more secure and prosperous future for your employees. We do that by focusing on you—and those who count on you—every step of the way.
We offer a variety of defined contribution plan services that include: recordkeeping, plan administration, education and communication programs, and investment guidance. Our employer-sponsored retirement plans are supported by dedicated client service teams, state-of-the-art recordkeeping and administrative systems, and voice and Internet technology. We continue to lead the industry in key areas such as fee transparency, open investment architecture, fiduciary support, and in creating innovative investment solutions such as our patented, guaranteed income option, The Hartford Lifetime Income®.
We know that running your plan is not your only job responsibility. That’s why we team up with your financial professional to structure our service team as an extension of yours:
- Dedicated client service teams
- 99% new business satisfaction rate
- 95% client retention rate
- Customer service call center with bi-lingual representatives available
- Interactive plan sponsor website to help you manage your plan
- Interactive participant website with account access and transaction processing
In conjunction with our distinctive open architecture investment menu, The Hartford offers solutions designed to help you and your participants with the investment selection process:
- Fiduciary Assure® — a co-fiduciary investment selection monitoring service for plan sponsors
- Model My Goals® — an asset allocation program offering five sample risk-based models
- Lifestyle (risk -based) and life-cycle (retirement-based) asset allocation options including three distinct target date suites
- The Hartford Lifetime Income® —a simple, certain and guaranteed savings investment option design so unique it’s patented
You and your participants will receive ongoing information and education that includes:
- Initial welcome kits
- Ongoing, onsite education and enrollment assistance from retirement education specialists
- Individualized participant contribution illustrations
- Comprehensive, award-winning educational campaign
- Online tools and resources, including online advisory services from Morningstar Associates, LLC.*
* Morningstar Associates provides investment guidance and/or advice through their online service, providing a personalized approach to investing for retirement from a trusted independent source—Morningstar Associates, LLC.
Interested in Our Retirement Plans?
The Retirement Plans Sales Desk is here to help. Call us toll free at 800-874-2502, option 4.