Group Disability Insurance
Affordable Income Protection
We See the Ability in Disability
Helping to provide employees with income protection is one thing. Helping them overcome limitations to reclaim their lives is another. Our group disability insurance products can do both. What does that mean to employers? Shorter durations, a safer, faster return to productivity, and better outcomes for employees, in many cases.
When employees are unable to work because of a disabling injury or illness, short-term disability goes to work for them, replacing part of their income. Our group disability product makes the whole process easier for everyone because:
- Nurses handle the claims, providing compassionate experience that can reduce durations.
- We can integrate short-term disability with leave management.
- We use a 100% return-to-work incentive formula for companies with 500+ employees.
Long-term Disability: Continuing Protection
Like short-term disability, our long-term disability product is carefully designed to emphasize ability, not limitations. It helps to address your employees' need for a secure income together with your need for the best possible outcome at work, through features like:
- A disability definition that helps employees avoid a loss in earnings. There is only a loss of duties to satisfy the elimination period.
- No self-reported symptom limitations, thanks to effective claims management.
- Ability Assist®, a value-added service, which provides employees with emotional, legal and financial help – giving them guidance to better focus on recovery.
- A vocational rehabilitation program that offers vocational and job placement services, as well as work-related guidance and resources.
Statutory Disability: Keeping It Simple
State-mandated disability insurance requirements can change with the next legislative session. To stay compliant, it takes experience and up-to-date knowledge. Let The Hartford's group disability team provide it. We'll help you meet the state's requirements, protect your workforce and help relieve your staff of the legal, regulatory and administrative burden.
Care. Compassion. Service. It’s What We Do.
Disability claims can be emotional and stressful events. Our value-added employee services help make difficult times a little bit easier. Learn more about:
- Ability Assist®1. A value-added service, which provides employees with emotional, legal and financial help – giving them guidance to better focus on recovery. (Long-term and Short-term Disability coverages)
- HealthChampionSM1. A service which supports employees through all aspects of their health care issues by connecting them with administrative and clinical experts who understand the nuances of any given health care concern. (Long-term and Short-term Disability coverages) Learn More
- Travel Assistance & ID Theft Protection Services2. Services include pre-trip information that helps employees feel safe and secure while traveling. It also gives them access to medical professionals across the globe for medical assistance when traveling 100+ miles away from home for 90 days or less when unexpected detours arise. Another important service is ID theft protection, available 24/7 whether home or away. Protection is provided two ways: Educational materials to help prevent identity theft. And access to caseworkers who can help victims resolve problems that result from identity theft. (Life, Accident and Long-term Disability coverages)
Explore all of our value-added services
Get More Information
It's time you got in touch. Have your local Hartford sales representative contact you based on your needs.
Personal and financial support from The Hartford can help ease a difficult recovery.
Find forms, check claims status, access reports, pay bills and more.
Access account info, commission data, forms and more.
Empower Your Employees
Help employees learn about their benefits the simple, interactive way.