Are you searching for a gift that can help make someone’s life easier all year long? Then look no further. I’ve got eight great kitchen gadget gift ideas for someone in your life who would appreciate simple solutions to everyday kitchen tasks. (And there’s no reason why you can’t buy one for yourself too.)
1. Pot holders with heat resistant, firm, comfortable grips that slip over the handles of saucepans and skillets are even better than traditional pot holders. ($6 to $7)
2. Large numbers on measuring cups and spoons make reading measurements easier. Some measuring cups and spoons are also color coded for easy identification. ($4 - $7)
3. Turn a quart or half-gallon container into an easy-to-use pitcher with a carton holder designed for easy lifting and no-slip, no-spill pouring. ($4 - $8)
4. To make screw-top lids easier to open, use a special hand-held jar and bottle opener or an opener that attaches to the bottom of an overhead cabinet. ($4 - $25) Some of these products are electric or battery-powered. ($20 - $80)
5. Organize items on kitchen or closet shelves by using vertical shelf dividers which slide onto shelves. ($5 - $25)
7. Make cleaning your kitchen floors easier by using a swivel-head mop or brush on a long handle; these facilitate cleaning hard-to-reach spots without bending or getting on your hands and knees. ($7 - $100)
8. Use a notched wooden or curved metal stick to push or pull hot oven racks or dishes within the oven. ($3 - $13)
For more information on where to buy these products and for other great simple solutions to making your home or a loved one’s home, comfortable and convenient, download or order your free copy of Simple Solutions: Practical Ideas and Products to Enhance Independent Living.
Please note that the inclusion of a product in this guide does not constitute a product endorsement or warranty by The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. You are advised to evaluate for yourself the appropriateness of any product or idea listed.