Early Immersion Program
The goal of the Early Immersion Program is to build an early pipeline of talent for our leadership development programs. We want to provide early exposure on internships at The Hartford to top students early in their education. Students will be invited onsite periodically throughout the summer (dates listed below) to participate in a series of workshops and networking events. They will have the opportunity to meet with program managers and go through an early interview process for the subsequent summer programs.
- Attend three ½ day sessions and attend professional development workshops, job shadows, and social activities.
- Have the opportunity to work with other students.
- Have the opportunity to meet and network with professionals from The Hartford.
- Have the opportunity to be the first to learn about internships at The Hartford.
- Be able to add valuable experience to their resume.
- June 2014 – Introduction, Hartford Insurance Group Overview, Overview of Leadership Development Programs, Lunch, & Tour.
- July 2014 – Resume Writing & Interview Skills Workshop, Resume Critique with Recruiters, Lunch, Elevator Pitch Workshop, and Speed Networking with Leadership Development Program Members.
- August 2014 – Mock Interviews with Leadership Development Program Members and Group Activity.
- Graduation date of May 2016 or May 2017.
- Demonstrated interest in Financial Services.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher (out of 4.0 scale or equivalent).
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Record of high achievement, self-motivation, ability to multi-task and a strong work ethic.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Available to attend workshops on specified dates in Hartford, CT. Please note that travel costs associated with attendance will not be subsidized by The Hartford.
Applications will be accepted beginning early 2014. Look for the posting on your Career Services website in the Spring or apply through e-mailing email@example.com.